Scholarship Awards 2017
CHallenge: RAISE AWARENESS OF THE REVAMPED NGS SUPER SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
NGS Super runs the annual NGS Super Scholarship Awards to support teaching, management and support staff to further their professional development. The awards provide six scholarships to members to complete a study tour, professional development course or project of their choice.
In 2017 NGS Super relaunched the awards, formerly known as the ‘Dedicated to the Dedicated Awards’, and required a strategy to:
- Achieve higher quality and quantity of members applying
- Increase traffic to the new awards web page
Solution: SHOWCASE THE INSPIRATIONAL STORIES OF PREVIOUS WINNERS
We developed a content-led approach to promote the awards, leveraging the inspiring stories of previous winners who had made a difference to the community. Content included:
- A blog from a previous award winner who took his students to South Africa to support a local orphanage, developed and amplified across Facebook, LinkedIn and Outbrain to maximise reach
- A number of EDMs – to launch the awards and reminding NGS members and non-government school employers to apply
- Organic social content frequently shared to provide award information and case studies of previous winners, alongside a paid social media campaign promoting the award submission page to encourage sign-ups
- Media outreach to mainstream media promoting a previous winner’s story and a media release to education trade media promoting the awards.
Impact: We drove a huge increase in applications
- 150% increase in award applications from previous year
- More than 1,000 clicks through to NGS Super content (blog, awards page) across LinkedIn and Outbrain
- Outbrain sponsored ads appeared across 131 news sites including News.com.au, Herald Sun, Perth Now, Daily Telegraph and The Guardian
Learn more about NGS Super here.